Support Group Ministry
Sunnyvale First Baptist Church offers Support Groups that want to help the hurting by offering to heal through Bible-based support and encouragement groups that meet on campus Wednesday evenings. Each Support Group Ministry is designed to meet a specific need but all groups offer Biblical instruction and loving support because each participant is significant, each is loved by God, and each is created in His likeness and image.
For more information about our Support Groups, please contact the Church Office at (972) 226-7105.
- Leader – Collette Petty
- Description – This class will teach the participant how to walk through a valley of grief and heartache, and be supported through the journey. The primary funtion of the greif support’s program is to provide a place to find healing and hope when encountering the death/loss of a loved one or family member.
- Classroom – C101
- Meeting – Wednesdays from 6:00 PM to 7:45 PM
- Specifics – Park in the parking lot closest to Belt Line Road, then go into the doors of the Lighthouse (to the left of the cross). This group is an open group, anyone can join at any time.
- Leader – Charles Young
- Description – Participants are enabled to overcome any life-controlling problem through a 12-step, faith-based, Christ-centered learning program similar to the format used by A.A. groups. Life’s hurts and hang-ups are dealt with in a group setting with each participant sharing personal struggles and offering encouragement for others as they face their own issues. Sharing publicly, although recommended, is optional an up to each individual.
- Classroom – C103
- Meeting – Wednesdays from 6:30 PM to 7:45 PM
- Specifics – Cost of workbook: $10. Park in the parking lot closest to Belt Line Road, then go into the doors of the Lighthouse (to the left of the cross). This is an open group, anyone can join at any time.